Rejoice Mac developer comunity, the Omnigroup has released a little python script that will make writing help files an easy task!
At Shiny Frog we love both python and Omnigroup apps, so we’re already using this script for writing our applications help files.
You can find the blog announce here: Helpify, the Omni Help Emitter.
Quick how to:
- Download omnioutliner and the template file provided in the blog post.
- Read and learn how to make the structure from the template file.
- Modify/Rewrite the template with your help text.
- Save and run the OOhelpify.py on your oo3 file, the script will convert in html format and create the helpindex for you.
- Design your help style by hacking the css
Hurry up, donwload OOhelpify.py and start making some cool helps!